We all look up from our respective dishes; Tiff from her Mongolian Beef noodles, Jess from the spicy Bulgogi bowl in which she's shamelessly separated her vegetables aside (-____-), and me from the Chicken Teriyaki box that I've annihilated in the short time we've spent at Bento. There are no Bentos in South Florida so when we decided to take this road trip up north, we all agreed that we needed to make a pit stop (read: pilgrimage) at the one restaurant that pretty much defined most of our dining experiences back in college.
I've just practically skipped out of work like a coked-up bunny in anticipation for this trip, running on two hours of sleep and utter excitement when we all pile into Jessica's car and get ready to run away for the weekend. Once we're safely away from her parents' house, I crawl into my pj's and knock the fuck out on the backseat of Jessie's SUV (read: the Icebox). A little over three hours later, we pull into one of the branches of our college-fav franchise and enjoy the nostalgia.
There were supposed to be four of us on the trip, originally; our wife had to cancel at the last minute so we've got two beds and three chicks. And so, we decide who gets the bed to themselves in the grown-up, mature way that all young adults do in making choices: rock, paper, scissors. But for some reason, we decide to pass on that. We also pass on drawing straws because I keep breaking the straws so Tiff pulls a receipt for a bag of M&Ms (she has a mild addiction) from her bag and breaks it up to three pieces, writing "Share" on two and "Bed!" on one. I fold them, and Jessie shakes them up in the empty candle holder on our table.
Guess who wooooon?


0 comments:
Post a Comment